A person is considered to be “totally and permanently disabled” only if , the assured has become to totally and irreversibly disabled as a result of any sickness and not as a result of an accident. The life assured must be totally incapable of being employed or engaged in any work or any occupation whatsoever for remuneration or profit.
- Total Permanent Disability Benefit will be payable from the date of confirmation of the disability of such nature by a medical practitioner.
- The above disability must have lasted without interruption for at least 120 consecutive days and must be deemed permanent by an appropriate medical practitioner appointed by the company.
- The benefit becomes due if the life assured becomes totally and permanently disabled due any sickness and as a result, not able to earn income from any work, occupation or profession for the rest of his / her life.
- Total and permanent disability includes.
- The irrecoverable loss of entire sight of both eyes or
- Amputation of both hand at or above the wrists or
- Amputation of both feet at or above the ankles or
- Amputation of one hand at or above the wrist and foot at or above the ankle.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITITONS AND RESTRICTIONS
Minimum Rider Sum Assured : LKR 50,000
Maximum Rider Sum Assured : Death Benefit Sum Assured under base plan or LKR 1,000,000 (whichever is lower)
Minimum Age at Entry : 18 years (Last Birthday)
Maximum Age at Entry : 65 years (Last Birthday)
Maximum Age at Maturity : 70 years (Last Birthday)
Policy Term : 5 to 20 years
Premium payment Term : Equal to Policy Term
Premium Paying Term : Mly Qly Hly Yly
Waiting Period : 180 Days