Shri Raj Kumar, Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation of India.
Born in the year 1962, in Nabha Town of Punjab, India, graduated in Science from DAV College, Jalandhar, India, in 1981, Shri Raj Kumar joined the Corporation as a 13th Batch Direct Recruit in the year 1984.
Presently, he is the Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation of India. He also holds the following prestigious positions:
- Chairman on the Board of LIC HFL Care Home Ltd., Mumbai, India.
- Chairman on the Board of LIC HFL Asset Management Co. Ltd., Mumbai, India.
- Trustee of LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation, Mumbai, India.
- Member of the Governing Board of the National Insurance Academy, Pune, India.
He has, also, been a Director on the Board of
- LIC of Bangladesh Ltd., Dhaka
- Rajasthan Financial Corporation, Jaipur, India.
- High Energy Batteries Ltd., Chennai, India.
- Reliance Naval Ltd., Mumbai, India.
He was conferred with the “Most Influential Human Resource Officer in Asia” - Award by CHRO Organization.
He has previously handled several significant assignments, in various capacities in LIC of India, such as Chief Executive Officer of LIC Mutual Fund Asset Management Ltd., Zonal Manager of Central Zone, Bhopal, and Executive Director of Estate & Office Services, Human Resource Development, and International Operations. He has, also, held additional charge as Director of Management Development Centre, Borivali and Vigilance Department of LIC of India. He was also Chief Public Information Officer and Appellate Authority, under Right to Information, of LIC of India. He has, also, headed two prestigious divisions of LIC i.e. Gorakhpur and Jaipur.
Shri Raj Kumar has attended various training programs, in India, at IIM- Ahmedabad, ISB-Hyderabad, NIA-Pune, Delhi Productivity Council-Delhi, MDC-Mumbai, Third World Development Centre-Delhi, National Institute of Advance Studies-Bangalore, etc.
Shri Raj Kumar is an avid reader and his areas of interest are spirituality, music, and science.